AVIVA is one of the few Volunteering Organisations who has their own dedicated Volunteer House because every one of our volunteers are very important to us. We’ve ensured that they have a safe and secure home away from home (AVIVA House) for those who are working at Cape Town based projects or taking time-out from projects further afield.
We have invested a great deal of time and energy in creating a warm and welcoming environment for you to relax and enjoy during your time off, with a full-time Volunteer Coordinator on hand to assist you. So whether you want to book a shark cage dive, need advice on a good restaurant, or would like to just speak to someone because you’re feeling homesick, our dedicated Volunteer Coordinator will be there to help you throughout your stay.
The AVIVA House is situated in the suburb of Table View, aptly named for its stunning view of Table Mountain. Along with all the normal facilities, the AVIVA House also comes with a large swimming pool, which comes in handy during those long hot summer months.
The AVIVA House is close to the main bus route (MyCiti) and good value taxi services are also available for access to the centre of Cape Town. In Table View you will find a wide range of shops and restaurants, and of course, some great beaches with scenic views of Table Mountain and Cape Town across the bay, which is why Table View is a popular destination for locals throughout Cape Town.
A launderette offering a drop-off and collect service is only a 5-minute walk from the AVIVA House. Laundry is charged at approximately R50 per 5kg load, and includes washing, powder, dry and fold. The AVIVA House is comfortably furnished with all the facilities you might expect to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- A full-time Volunteer Coordinator (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm), who is also available for emergencies during evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Separate male and female dormitory accommodation – spacious with good quality mattresses, bedding and linen provided.
- A Twin Room is also available at extra cost, please ask about availability.
- A Double Bedroom with en-suite bathroom is available at extra cost. Enquire about cost and availability when booking your Cape Town project.
- Full kitchen facilities – oven, fridges, microwave, toaster, kettle and everything else you need for preparing meals.
- Separate food preparation utensils for Vegan, Muslim and/or Kosher diets.
- Milk, tea, coffee and sugar are provided.
- A telephone for incoming calls.
- Comfortable lounge with a hi-fi, satellite TV and DVD player.
- A lockable cupboard for your valuables and groceries.
- Shower and toilet facilities.
- Premises are cleaned and inspected daily (Mon-Fri)
- A large private garden for entertainment/relaxation, complete with breakfast tables, a built in braai (a South African style BBQ) and a large pool.
- Free Wi-Fi hotspot and computer are available for you to access the Internet. You can also logon to the Internet if you bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
- South African Cell/Mobile Phone or Sim Card to use whilst you are on your Project, pre-loaded with R50-00 airtime.
- MyCiti Bus Card pre-loaded with R50-00 to get your started.
- Extra storage cupboards for luggage and personal items.
- AVIVA House is safe and secure with electrical fencing and a magnetic lock on the entrance gate.
- You will be issued with a coded magnet key to allow you to come and go as you please.
Check out our 360 degree video of the house by clicking here
Want to volunteer in Cape Town? Complete the form below and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.